Please review the relevant information on the Graduate School website.
Outstanding students from the Master’s program may transfer to the direct doctoral track provided that they meet the requirements outlined by the Graduate School (specifically, by holding a grade point average of 90 or above), that their research subject is suitable as a doctoral research subject, that they have made sufficient progress in their research to justify the transfer (for example, by having published papers at conferences or in journals), and that their advisor supports their request.
To request a transfer, include:
- Summary of details form (Word) for Ph.D. and or direct Ph.D. track candidates.
- A brief letter outlining the candidate’s personal information and the transfer request.
- A new research proposal describing the research that has been completed as well as the research planned for the direct doctoral track.
- An explanation of the research and reasons it is consistent with the objectives of a direct doctoral track (as part of the research proposal or as a separate document).
- Two evaluation forms (Word) should be sent by your evaluators directly to the Graduate Studies Coordinator.
- of doctoral candidates form to be completed by two referees (to be sent directly to the Graduate Studies Coordinator).
- Two letters of recommendation will be sent directly to the Graduate Studies Coordinator. One of the letters should be written by the supervisor (the principal, if there is more than one supervisor), and the other by a faculty member (not necessarily from the Technion) or another senior researcher familiar with the research paper.
- If no articles have been accepted yet for publication, an article submitted or prepared for submission is required. In this case, three letters of recommendation are required from experts in the field (of which at least one is independent of the supervisor), relating to the level of the article that has not yet been published and to the likelihood of its being accepted for publication.
- C.V and list of publications (it is recommended to include the papers as well).
- Transcripts from your Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees.
- A confirmation that you have presented a seminar lecture. Guidelines for publishing your seminar are available here.
The Graduate Studies Committee will discuss your application. A final approval letter will be sent by the Graduate School.