The official information appears on the Graduate School website.
All further information detailed herein is supplementary.
To register for a Ph.D. you must first find an advisor.
Once you have completed your registration, your application will be reviewed by the department and, if necessary, you may be called to an interview with the admissions committee.
In addition to your online registration, you must also submit the following forms, in one PDF file, in the order presented below, to the graduate studies coordinator:
- Summary of details form for candidates for Ph.D. and direct Ph.D. track.
- Doctoral Research Proposal: A brief research proposal (1-5 pages), structured like a Master’s research proposal. On the recommendation of the intended advisor, admissions will also be considered for candidates with a general research topic that have not yet been formulated into a detailed research proposal. In those instances, applicants should attach a document which states their research subject along with a tentative paragraph describing the potential directions the research might take.
- Two evaluations. Filled out forms should be sent by your evaluators directly to the Graduate Studies Coordinator.
- Two letters of recommendation, also to be sent directly to the Graduate Studies Coordinator.
- A CV and list publications (include the articles as well).
Registration for doctoral degrees is accepted year-round. The committee for graduate studies will review your application and send its decision, to the Graduate School.